Day 18 & 19 - Big Day out!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Mataranka
December 10th 2012
Published: December 10th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today we set off with the intention of going about 500km to Barkley Homestead but we ended up going 1100 km to Mataranka in the NT. We had stayed in Mt Isa the night before and because we both felt fairly refreshed and it wasn't too hot outside and we had an early start we thought we may as well keep going.

We went out for dinner in Mt Isa to The Buffs. Prior to that Peter had been having a bit of a whinge because he always buys a keno ticket whenever we go to a pub or club for dinner and he was saying that he wonders why he does because he never wins anything much. Whinge and win that's what I call him, yes you guessed it after his big whinge he had a win on the keno. More arse than class!

We wanted to let you all know that good friends of ours Neale and Anna have just become the new postmaster and postmistress of the Semaphore Post Office. We were thinking of them today and thought we might start including pictures of post offices we see on our travels so that they can keep an eye on the competition. Hope you guys are enjoying your sea change!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

No bullNo bull
No bull

This is what we saw strolling alongside the petrol bowsers when we pulled up for fuel


10th December 2012
Crossing the border into NT

Great photo!
11th December 2012
Crossing the border into NT

Thanks
10th December 2012

Photo on NT Border
Nice pic - was it taken by the local kangaroo?
11th December 2012

Yes, he did quite a good job.

Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0526s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb