Hoilday in Australia - Day 55


Advertisement
Published: March 17th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Kings CanyonKings CanyonKings Canyon

The Kings Canyon, a rich and fertile garden that is pocketed between towering sheer rock walls. The surrounding area is otherwise inhospitable desert. The canyon takes its name from the Kings Creek that flows through it.
The final day of the safari started at a more respectable hour (04:45) and promised some sun. Breakfast was really beautiful under a star filled sky. Once camp had been cleared away for the final time we headed for Kings Canyon. We arrived at 06:50 and headed on a mind blowing 8 Km walk through the towering walls, crevices and plateaus of the canyon. The weather was sunny but not too hot, and even the flies seemed to be giving us some peace. The walk was broken up with a swim in the beautiful “Garden of Eden” a freshwater hole, which was cool and crocodile free!!!

After Kings Canyon we headed to Kings Creek Station, where we enjoyed our final lunch together. Then we embarked on a 4 hour journey back to Alice Springs, this enabled us all to catch up on our sleep. Thankfully this didn’t include Sauce, who managed to keep awake by drinking his own body weight in energy drinks!!

In the evening we had a bit of a send off in Alice. We enjoyed a great meal at Sporty’s bar, before heading to Bojangles Saloon for a few drinks and a dance. Needless to say the quiet
The Group at Kings CanyonThe Group at Kings CanyonThe Group at Kings Canyon

The Wayoutback group admiring the view at Kings Canyon.
night didn’t end till the early hours of the morning!! It was a great night and it was fun meeting all the people on the tour. Again sleep was limited, as it was going to be another early start in the morning with my airport shuttle picking me up just after 9!!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

"Dancing" at Bojangles Saloon"Dancing" at Bojangles Saloon
"Dancing" at Bojangles Saloon

Some idiots attempting country dancing at Bojangles Saloon, Alice Springs.


17th March 2006

it all starts to make sense...
The pieces of the puzzle slowly put themselves together. So THEY are the people you were talking to on the Web camera at Bojangles place. Must say, the safari sounded excellent but no exciting stories of wrestleing crocs, saving damsels in distress from man-eating snakes and spiders or white water rafting. Still, i suppose someones getting some enjoyment out of this...
17th March 2006

sheilas
did you manage to bang any of the sheilas or did you have to make do with sauce......he's a good looking fella
7th April 2006

?????
French girl is filing a complaint : no travelblog updates in years (!), not that many (interesting) emails either, does Clarky think this is a positive attitude after rugby downfall ?? Is Clarky sulking ?
13th April 2006

what has gone wrong?
This is getting worrying. I saw Clarkey in Melbourne. He seemed in good health. I left him in the lobby of his youth (hah!) hostel. At the time I didnt pay any attention to the fact that he was standing very close to an unsteady and very heavy looking filing cabinet. As I left I heard a strange thump/squelch sound turned round to see Andy had gone but the cabinet had fallen over. I realise now that since no-one has heard from him it seems that he's in Melbourne but trapped under something heavy. Even as I type this his weakly wriggling fingers are probably struggling just milimeters from his phone and likely salvation. Maybe someone could call the local police? I dont know the name of the hostel but if they went round a few and listened for someone moaning in a Leeds accent they'd soon find him. Even if he isnt trapped under anything.

Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0824s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb