Katherine


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Katherine
June 19th 2013
Published: June 19th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Arrived in Katherine and we are becoming acclimatised to the beautiful weather. Every day has been between 29 – 33 degrees, no flies nor mosquitoes! Lesley is loving the lack of insects. Have spent most of our time enjoying relaxing by the pool or in the pool with a bit of touring thrown in. Not hard to take. Katherine was to be our R & R time after being on the road...and we have really enjoyed it. Loads of people on their way through to Darwin, Litchfield, Kakadu etc... Yesterday we visited the original homestead, Springvale, and had the local history talk. Today we went out to the Gorge and joined a guided ranger walk for close on 2.5 hours. Of course, he was knowledgable and had an interesting life journey to where he is now...and of course he was an ex Victorian with Artie knowing a few people from where he grew up in Beaufort! Can’t take him anywhere! We’ve spent time on our bikes riding to the thermal pools – a constant 34degrees... they assure me there are no crocs...but I always make sure there is someone else between me and the ends....just in case! Yesterday we had 5pm drinks and nibbles with a woman who went on the UK cricket tour with us and lives in Katherine. Nights have been fantastic and we have eaten outside the van each night. With the plentiful water situation here we have taken the opportunity to wash the car and clean the caravan in preparation for crossing into WA- quarantine is meant to be quite strict. We are staying an extra night here and not stopping enroute to Lake Argyle so it will be a big day of driving for us.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0557s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb