28 June 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Katherine
June 28th 2012
Published: July 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

There were a few more sites to see on the way out of Kakadu so we hit the road early.<span> First up we went on a trek for a couple of kms and saw more Aboriginal rock art before we were taken to a great vantage point to take some more photos.<span> Unfortunately much of the area in Kakadu is being burnt off right now so the smoke haze dulled the view somewhat.

Our last stop on the way out of Kakadu was to Yellow Water Billabong and this was the highlight.<span> We weren’t cashed up enough to take advantage of one of the cruises; however, the boardwalk provided a great viewing platform for a unique ecosystem.<span> The plantlife seemed in full bloom and we watched small fish dart about in the shallows below.<span> On the return walk we witnessed a stork-like bird move silently through the reeds before pouncing on a reasonable sized water snake.....something usually seen on Animal Planet.



We then made our way back to Katherine and this time we decided on a stay at the charming Springvale Station.<span> Both station stays here are highly recommended for budget accommodation if you ever pass through this neck of the woods.<span> Springvale served up an ace as well with a licensed bar onsite and $4 beers during happy hour was the perfect way to end the day.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0453s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1007.2kb