26 June 2012


Advertisement
Published: July 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Time to leave Darwin and head for Kakadu.<span><span>Another selling point for Darwin is that it is in driving distance for a day trip to either Kakadu or Litchfield National Park but we are intending on staying in the former for a few days.

Kakadu is not as easily accessible as Litchfield so unfortunately there is a bit we are going to miss due to not having 4WD access.<span> The terrain is also quite different and instead of water falls and swimming holes, Kakadu is flatter and home to sensational billabongs, swamps, creeks and sweeping plains filled with greenery and unique bird life.

By the time we reached our camping destination there were only a few hours left in the day so we set up shop and settled in.<span> Already during the afternoon we sensed the temperature was much warmer than in the NT’s capital.

Next to our camping area was a beautiful looking creek; however, we were unable to get out there for a closer look as the walking track was closed.<span> A lot of the time if tracks are closed it can be due to the presence of salties and we were not game enough to find out if that was the case.

Being close to the water proved to be a haven for mosquitos around dusk and we were forced into the van pretty early to escape the hungry little blood suckers.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0785s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb