Northern Territory and National Parks.


Advertisement
Published: August 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

There has been a lot of driving and national parks in the Northern Territory. I think pictures are going to say a lot more about this state of Australia than I ever can. Hiking, swimming and driving has pretty much been the agenda on the itinerary.
The first stop was Uluru Kata Tjuta National Park. This park is pretty iconic for Australia tourism and for a good reason. I enjoyed the hiking through Kata Tjuta, and the sunset over Uluru was amazing. The following day Watarrka National Park was destination for hiking. This national park is more commonly known as Kings Canyon. I loved the day of hiking there. It is about a 6 km walk that should take about 3 hours; it took 3 hours just to do half of the hike for me. There was too much messing around and exploring.

Both of these national parks are located in the southeast part of the Northern Territory the other places that we wanted to visit where all the way to the north, which made for some long days of driving. We did stop in Alice Springs but both of us were pretty happy not spending too much time in the city. On the way north we stopped at Devils Marbles which you will see plenty of pictures of, these rocks were eroded in the rounded shapes. The next stop was in Mataranka, where we took part in the hot springs.

We finally made it to Kakadu, the largest National Park in Australia. The park was beautiful, very diverse, freaking hot, and in the north end loaded with mosquitoes. All in all, I loved it. It was four days of camping, hiking, and swimming in some of the few safe watering holes. There are warning signs everywhere about the crocs but I only saw three in total.

The final national park was Litchfield. This park is small but wow! There are waterfalls everywhere and great hiking trails and the best part was that it was free.

Next stop Western Australia…



Additional photos below
Photos: 66, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



16th August 2010

WOWEE!!
Awesome pics Leah - thanks so much for sharing. I cant believe all these trips of a lifetime you're going on. Living through you vicariously girl - keep the posts and pics coming! Love you and miss you tons!!
18th August 2010

Beautiful!
Yeah Dave and Leah! You have it figured out! This is what life is about. Keep smiling, and take pictures of your sleeping space, I always regretted not doing that! I love you!!!! Katrina

Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0548s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb