Kakadu National Park


Advertisement
Published: October 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today we spent exploring Kakadu National Park too. There was an optional flight over Kakadu which i did not do but I would if i went back. The pics from other people were amazing.

WE then explored more Aboriginal art and learnt about the history and culture. We boared a Wildlife cruise. It does not guarantee sightseeing of crocs but you do see them like 99.9% of the time. Our guide was incredible. Very funny and knowledgeable and told funny stories of her aboriginal culture and bringing up. She found us a croc. He was huge. The croc swam along side the boat staring at us. His size and power blew me away. He was swimming right next to me just looking. The photos and video I got could not do him justice. Seeing one in the wild like that is an experience to say the least. It was powering. He followed the boat for a while. Wildlife was abundant. I loved Kakadu. We saw another croc as well but he was a little smaller and more shy. Our guide jumped into the water and got some lilli for us to eat. It was quite nice - kind of like celery. Apparently very good for you. We also saw an eagles nest, lots of different birds and wild geese, wild brumby, kangaroos. The boat was really good.

That night was another night of food and drinks and hanging out playing drinking and getting to know you games.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0568s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb