cairns-darwin-kakadu


Advertisement
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

we left cape trib teh next day at lucnh time and had teh longest most annoying trip back to cairns the driver was doing both our heads in and we stopped at mossman gorge and port douglas on teh way home. the next day we just shopped in cairns. we then flew to darwin had an awful time checkin in to our hostel which took nearly 2 hours! we did not get into bed until gone midnight and had to be up at 5 am!
our tour guide for kakadu national park was called paul and we had about 15 in our group. our 1st sights of teh northen territory wher what damo and i said looked like the real oz. just bush!
we drove for quite some time and our 1st stop was teh mary river where we had a 2 hour boat trip and we saw loads and laods of crocs and wild birds and we even ate part of a water liily!after this we drove to a palce and had lunch we then drove through teh gates into Kakadu park and after alot more driving we went to a place where you can see rock art. we then headed to aplace called yellow water where we watched teh sun set and this was truly spectacular. teh place we were camping was quite close by so not to far to drive yipee. we had dinner and were all in bed by 2230. teh tenst are like permenant tents and have bunks in them! this was a nice surprise!
we were up early agin thsi morning as we were off to jim jim falls we had to drive for about 2 hours and then had to do a walk which was over loads of big boulders and rtocks and woods.
its amazing there is even a small beach here its almost liek an aborginal god put it here.once we had walked right up to teh falls we were able to swim it was freezing but hey we swim a seaford all the time!i swam to right under teh falls and sat under it it was great and something i have alwyas wanted to do unfortunatley either damo was too lazy or just wanted a fag! so he didn't make it! after we had walked back to teh 4wd we went to camp for lunch . we then went to warradjan aborginal centre where u can learn abou the culture. we then had a very long drive back to darwin. we stopped off on teh way hoem at soem place and damo put a snake around his neck eugh!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb