Thermal


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Darwin
August 12th 2017
Published: August 12th 2017
Edit Blog Post

DSC_0276DSC_0276DSC_0276

Mataranka
Mataranka - Darwin

The hot springs at Mataranka were excellent for soaking away the dust. We relaxed in the water and Kevin did some running repairs and rearranged the back of the ute. The last night in Mataranka the fridge decided it wasn't getting enough power and turned off - more spoiled meat. Good thing we didn't have much left...

We arrived in Darwin Thursday afternoon and set up camp at Hidden Valley Caravan Park. The first visit was to an auto electrician and battery shop, then we headed off to Mindil Beach for the sunset markets. Darwin is bloody hot, with no relief at night - definitely not good when combined with hot flushes and night sweats. Oh well - it is Darwin and hot weather is to be expected...

Friday morning Kevin went off to have the car serviced while I stayed at the caravan park and did the laundry (we were both running out of clean clothes) and dusted off some of the dirt in the camper. The battery in the camper has been declared 'dead' - it has a dead cell and is not keeping charge. It came with the camper so is only
DSC_0279DSC_0279DSC_0279

Dust in the back of The Beast
a few months old - not sure if it's just a lemon or if the bouncing around has damaged it, but we bought a new one so hopefully our power issues are over. In the afternoon we went to Stokes Hill Wharf for lunch (fish 'n chips) and an ice-cream. The ice-creams weren't as nice as iScream's (in Grafton), but nice anyway.

Saturday was shopping day - we spent some time at BCF, Supercheap and Battery World then went to Casuarina Shopping Centre for the department (BigW/KMart) and grocery (Woolies) stores. We are now stocked up and ready for the next stage of our journey. From Darwin we will head towards Kununurra with a couple of overnighters at national park campgrounds along the way.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

DSC_0285DSC_0285
DSC_0285

Sunset at Mindil Beach Markets
DSC_0298DSC_0298
DSC_0298

Sunset at Mindil Beach Markets
DSC_0310DSC_0310
DSC_0310

Sunset at Mindil Beach Markets
DSC_0319DSC_0319
DSC_0319

Sunset at Mindil Beach Markets
DSC_0321DSC_0321
DSC_0321

Sunset at Mindil Beach Markets - the crowd, lots of people...
DSC_0326DSC_0326
DSC_0326

F&C's at Stokes Hill Wharf - not a bad lunchtime view...
DSC_0327DSC_0327
DSC_0327

View from Stokes Hill Wharf - not a bad lunchtime view...


Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0695s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb