The Ghan


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Darwin
March 19th 2014
Published: March 21st 2014
Edit Blog Post

A bus from The Ghan picked us up at our hotel. First stop was at luggage check in. We had the possibility to take photos from front of the train. Next stops were at different carriages. We drove Gold class. Most drinks are free. Just a few hard drinks cost something. All meals are included. I had a single cabin in carriage K. There was a card with my meal times. The cabins are very small. Toilets and showers are on the aisle.

There are several dining and bar carriages. They decide because of booked train tickets how many carriages and kind of carriages they put behind engine. During our train trip we had 32 carriages and were arround 750 m long.

The train stopped in Katherine and had a four hour break. Some trips in Katherine are included in your Gold class ticket. We made an included boat trip to Katherine Gorge. Katherine Gorge is half an hour with bus from train station away. 13 Gorges are counted among to it. We visited one of them. It was a nice hot boat trip.

We drove back to The Ghan. Most of the time we spent at bar carriage, because of the free drinks and there was more space to move.

When I came back to my cabin I had no seats anymore I had a bed. I could not complete open the door because of the bed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0599s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb