Darwin


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Darwin
July 14th 2002
Published: October 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Flight To Australia

Manchester - Brusssels - Singapore - Perth - Darwin

I saw Darwin as an ideal starting point for my trip around Australia, bearing in mind that May until October is the dry season when there is little or no rain and temperatures peak at 32C. From November to April, temperatures average 33C with high relative humidity and heavy rainfall (406mm of rainfall in January). This makes access to many of the territories natural wonders very difficult as the access roads are buried under water!

After insuring and registering a 4WD van for the year, Michael (a Swiss backpacker) and myself would leave Darwin for the township of Katherine taking in a trio of major attractions en route. I had met Michael in the Chillis backpackers in Darwin (www.chillis.com.au) were he had been looking for a companion to do a two day canoeing trip at Katherine Gorge National Park, a trip we would undertake upon arriving in Katherine. The canoeing turned out to be one of the best things I have ever done! The 2nd September would see me return to Darwin. The day was spent preparing for the Kakadu National Park trip that lay ahead, and was also spent exploring the spit of undeveloped land north of Fannie Bay, where in the late afternoon wallabies come out to feed. We watched the sunset across the bay.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0438s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb