Waterfalls galore


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Darwin » City of Darwin
September 13th 2006
Published: September 14th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Pandanus PalmPandanus PalmPandanus Palm

Berry Springs , Darwin
We went to a National park called The Litchfield National Park, It is a easy 70 Kilometres from Darwin if you head south, The park do not allow animals so little Jackson was put away for a few days.

Look the whole thing revolves around a fantastic series of Waterfalls and Waterholes that are linked by a comprehensive walking track circut.

Hey we loved the swimming and a word of caution the Buley Waterhole has a few fish that are quite impartial to a scab on the knee if you will, gross but true, I am so glad that Jo keeps telling the story to all and sundry that will listen of how a fish ate the scab of my knee........yeeha

Our personal favouite is the Wangi Falls it has a one and a half hour walk over the top of the falls and the water is crystal clear and as pretty as a picture. hey check out the photos.

Would we lie... The day was great ... A word of advice to the traveller looking to go there, stay at the Wangi falls caravan Park, It works out that for 2 dollars you can have a hot shower and still be within 1 kilometre of the falls , The national Park camp has nothing but a dusty carpark and that costs 6.50 per head per night to stay . its your call.

We are always keen to minimise our outgoings on accomodation so we are pretty astute, if you are only doing a week, stay where you will, as it wont matter to some.

Jackson survived the Kennel experience better than we had hoped, he is a trooper to the end, we collected him and stayed in the top end for another week and then we are off to the cold south........... stay in touch family we are headed your way so you can regale us with presents and good wishes... A coffee at least.................Lol.................


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

The Spa The Spa
The Spa

We never wanted to leave, refreshing.
Florence FallsFlorence Falls
Florence Falls

Northern Territory, Litchfield National Park, 2006
The PoolThe Pool
The Pool

Well the brochure did say it had a pool, With all the swimming holes we never did try this one. Is that a milk crate entry?????
Termite MoundTermite Mound
Termite Mound

This monster is over Four Metres high.
Wangi FallsWangi Falls
Wangi Falls

It is better in reality.. Aren't they all.


Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0693s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb