Darwin


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Darwin » City of Darwin
April 20th 2011
Published: June 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Will and BurtWill and BurtWill and Burt

82yr old croc who stared in the Crocodile Dundee film

Darwin



With heavy hearts we left Borneo after a wonderful time. We flew to Singapore where we wandered to various wifi spots for four hours until our next flight to Darwin. We arrived at 5:30am after not much sleep at all and managed to pass through customs with only one confiscation (coffee mate is not far enough removed from a cow to be let in). After a rather expensive coffee - we are not in Asia anymore! - we made it to our motel... which was shut. So we meandered into town and had our first English breakfast for quite a while. Full up with western fare we fell asleep on the grass over looking to sea.

We had our first supermarket experience in the afternoon and spent a long time drooling over various food stuffs - most of which we bought. And cooked ourselves our faithful welcome back to civilization meal, spinach and ricotta pasta with broccoli and wine on the side (plus rugby league on the tv - woo woo for Will, boo hoo for Tory)!

We spent one morning with fish, elbowing small children aside to get a perfect photo of Will with fish...Tory with fish. We also visited the local wave pool where Tory kicked Will's ass in body boarding.

Our last day was spent on a journey into Litchfield National Park via the jumping crocs river tour. The river tour was awesome.... Litchfield was alright - it did include drunk aussie teenagers jumping into rock pools from a great height.

Guilty pleasures: Bacon (no sausages - chorizo does not count!)


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Jumping croc that looks like a human....Jumping croc that looks like a human....
Jumping croc that looks like a human....

you might have to use your imagination on this one
Whats warm and green?Whats warm and green?
Whats warm and green?

A crocodile jumper.
Nice hat loserNice hat loser
Nice hat loser

(We will let you decide to whom that is directed too)


Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 19; qc: 69; dbt: 0.0814s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb