There Is Nothing to Do In Darwin


Advertisement
Published: July 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 46 (Friday 05/06/09, NJJ)
Not the best night sleep as the hostel is not great. It's clean but the mattress had a plastic cover (very noisy when you move), the bed springs creaked and every time someone leaves their room the door slams shut as they are fire doors. We wandered around the city for a few hours. Booked our trips for the next few days and then took advantage of the free Darwin open-top bus tour that the sales agent gave us. On the tour it was evident why he gave it to us free - it was sh*t! There wasn't much to see in Darwin, it's popular because of the great weather and as a base for the nearby (in Oz terms) trips to the National Parks etc. We did visit a gaol, a museum, Charles Darwin National Park and learn lots about Cyclone Tracy and Darwin's part in World War Two but in comparison to all other cities we've ever been to it's towards the bottom on the interesting list. In the evening we returned to the casino wearing closed-toe shoes and ate at the all-you-can-eat buffet which made me ill for the remainder of the evening.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0702s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb