Elcho Island


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Arnhemland
June 16th 2013
Published: June 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Ahh Elcho, home to us all. Had an amazing time here – arrived last Thursday, so will be a week tomorrow. So good seeing all our friends and family again. Had a few fishing trips (nearly every day) and, had an amazing dinner of crayfish and coral trout one night. Can’t beat that! Anchored right out the front of the community, and not very far out, so just a short zodi trip each day. Have also been able to borrow a tinny from a family friend and that has been sitting behind Restless Spirit each night. Saturday we had the semi final for the local footy, so went along to watch that and caught up with so many more friends. Sunday was church…and catching up with many friends. I even got to play along on my flute. So many wonderful memories!!

Today is Wednesday and we leave tomorrow, have come ashore to do some final shopping at the very well stocked shop, and our washing. Dad and Bren have had the use of a Donga, but have spent most nights aboard. We went for a last troll this morning and Bren caught the biggest GT he has ever caught. Phil caught another coral trout and both caught a variety of other fish that we have given to friends and family ashore. Most of our fish we have given away to our friends in community, but don’t worry, we have always kept enough for us to eat too!! Ahh, the joys of fishing when you can keep fishing for others and don’t have to stop because you have enough and the freezer is too full!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0264s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb