Trip to Alice Springs Day 14


Advertisement
Published: August 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We rose after a quiet night and paid the exorbitant bill at the Kings Canyon Resort - they even charged a 1% extra for using credit cards. This would have to be the most expensive resort on the planet but everything is run down and second rate. We drove the sealed road from Kings Canyon to Alice Springs having seen the mud covered 4WD vehicles that had obviously taken the short cut route. We negotiated a superior room looking over the pool which is lovely and warm and went to the mall to make a few purchases before retiring to our hotel.
On the highway just out of Kings Canyon there was a road sign and on it was, NO LIQUIOR, NO PORNOGRAPHY. We did laugh as the sign was in the middle of nowhere.
We were walking to dinner last night as a 4WD drove into the Hotel. The occupants were waving furiously at us and we looked quite perplexed. The door opened and there were the English people that we had met at Kings Canyon. It was great catching up with what they had been doing.
We went to the Mall shopping and in the car park we were accosted by a nasty looking Aboriginal man with his hand out for money. In his hand he had gold coins. We hopped into the car and locked the doors. He gave us the most evil look. Graham said’ all he would do with the money is drink it’. So very true.



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Lovely and greenLovely and green
Lovely and green

Alice has had so much rain this year that everywhere you look it is green.
Those RoadtrainsThose Roadtrains
Those Roadtrains

We saw so many Roadtrains and they are really quite scary!


Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0462s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb