Alice Springs In a Sunburnt Country


Advertisement
Published: January 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We have started the 2nd leg of our trip meaning we have seen all our long lost friends and now we are going on 2 adventure tours. We will miss all the people we were able to see and had a great time catching up and visiting, reliving travel memories as only they would understand. Kudos to all our hosts, you showed us a part of Australia we could never see without you! We are constantly overwhelmed with their generosity and hospitality of all our friends these are the things that make traveling precious. We are richer with every new experience.

We have seen different stars here. The Southern Cross is only visible in the southern hemisphere and we have had a few good looks. The 1st and most memorable was on the Central Coast.

Yesterday we toured the Great Ocean Road ( I love bus tours!) and visited Apollo Bay, took a helicopter ride over the 12 apostles limestone cliffs left by the destructive sea and got a picture of the famous London Bridge ( yea Australia has 1 too) that fell in 1990 ! leaving 2 tourists to be rescued by helicopter. It was a long day and we headed back to Melbourne with the moon in the sky before sundown and watched the sky turn all sort of colors till we were greeted by the night lights of Melbourne.

This morning we boarded yet another flight and landed in another time zone in this red dessert city of Alice Springs, which is directly in the center of Australia. Tomorrow we start a camping tour to the largest monolith in the world called Uluru (Ayers Rock)



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0221s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb