And We Enter Oz


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Alice Springs
August 19th 2007
Published: August 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hey,
Eventually I get around to writting up the past few weeks which I think has turned in to quite impressively over a month so this might be a long one. Sorry people and again in sorry for the english. I will upload the photos when I can.
The last time I wrote to you I was in Chang Mai in the north of Thailand. After leaving the Irish girls we went on a trip through Bangkok to Cambodia, Siem Riep to he be exact. This journey was the most interesting, as soon as we got on the bus to make our way to the boarder there was grafitti all over the place warning us of how bad these tour people were, Not a good way to start a 15 hour journey. As we neard the border we stopped to be asked if we had our visa's, As we hadden't they pushed for us to buy them from them. (Luckily we had spoken to people beofre whio just said buy them on the border) we refused on countless times untill the manager came and asked if he could have a quite word with Sean, at first we said no and stayed eating untill sean got restless and wanted to know what she wanted to say so he agreed. As he entered her office the door was locked behind him, he was threatened with being left at the borader by the bus and when he just laughed and left the building nothing else was said.
On getting to the border there were so many people their trying to scam us it was laughable. We got in to the country and then had to find our transport to the city. As we were usered on a "Free government bus" we were taken to a bus station. This place was not nice at all, very dirty and very intinidating. We were then told to stand around the corner from our group which we couldnt understand so we just ignored them and stood with our group to the anoyance of the apparent driver of the bus who started to shout at us, just in time for dave to get his stubburn head on (with good reason) and started shouting back asking for a reason to stand around the corner. Im pretty sure I heard the guy say "if you do not stand around there you will bve left here and maybe die" this hasnt been confirmed by sean and Dave but Im pretty sure I heard it. The rest of the journey was pretty bumpy as they have no sealed roads there, untill we stopped for some food. Sean ordered some beef stir fry, which did not have the consistency of beef at all and we have later explained whet it tasted and looked like to find out it was in fact DOG, NICE.
Siem Riep is pretty cool, just a touristy place really with loads of 5* hotels for the rich and famous which leaves us to stay in a place that quite obviously stunk of staleness and piss.
We went out for a few beers down PUB Lane and went to a night club called Temple. This was yet again full of hookers and old western men dancing with them (as always late rin the night when they had chosen their ladies the locals came out) i got speaking to a bird from Cambridge who , if I remember rightly, ended up having a dance off with.
The morning was very painful for us all especially for sean who was still very very wasted when the driver came to pick us up for a day trip around Anchor Watt. A very nice guy called Pete was our guide who looked very shocked when we found out we had 20 dollars to pay to get in when we had been scammed by the travel agent and endded up shouting at eachother in our drunken and hungover state.
Anchor Wat is an awesome place, loads of cool statues and pete was really good at telling us everything untill he stops walking and talking in the extream hot (this being extreamly painful for us with no water). The afternoon was better as we felt alot better and could interect with pete insteat of with just grunts.
As a thank you we decided to take pete out for a few beers later that night. We took him to temple and opened his eyes up to hookers. I think he had never been to a place like that before hehe.
Phenom Pen is a pretty uninteresting city if your not too interested in seeing the killing fields as we had been informed you cant really see much than a field. Instead we went out to a plce called The Heart Of Darkness. Onthe way to the club we were offered drugs countless time of which we turned down of course, thinking it would be funny I asked for a bit of Heroin only to find the guy pull some out of his pocket, We made a sharp exsit. Yet again a place filled with hookers. I think I was on the podium yet again and managed to pull a nice cambodian (non hooker) lady.
Sihanoukville is a small beach town, I think its the only one in Cambiodia. Unfortunalty we got there in the middle of the monsoon season so it rained and rained and rained so we just sat inside watching quality fiolms on Star Movies and ate loads of food. To sean and Daves delight they had 2 star wars films on and have been testing me on the fundimentals for the past couple of weeks.
The one day it was warm we obviously, being english, sat out in the sun without suncream on and got horribly burnt, just im time for us to carry our bags back to Thailand.
Ko Chang is an island just south of Bangkok and was to be our home for 4 days. The first night, of course we had to find the night life. Its a bit of a mad island with little villages around the coast but there are no beaches. There seemed to be 2 different places to go out where we were. had a very american pool party in with a load of stupid load americans so we got out of there as soon as we could. Lemon Bar was run by a guy called patrick whi at night like to dress in womens cloths. Of course this was the best place for us to stay for the evening, this we did. Again we were trying to get the dj to put some music on, unfortunatley the dj was patrick who for about 5 minute were standing in front of him / her chanting " HE SHE HE SHE HE SHE".
the next day after the fisrt night when we arrive somewhere always seemed to be a bit of a write of day with a horrible hangover for some reason??
The next day we hired bikes to explore the whole of the island, yet again it took dave a couple of hours to get used to the bike without him falling off, of course very funny to myself and sean. We didnt have to give the bikes back till the mornring so we got up and went to theplace we didnt get to. On the way back me and sean decided to have a race leaving dave behind for a bit. When sean decided I won the race we stopped for dave to catch up. As we waited an Italian guy said our friend had falled so we got back to see dave picking himself up and had ripped his arm and leg open but still alive and nothing to damaging. Taking the bikes back to woman inspected them and told dave he had to pay for the damage, Dave of course turned to hid his dripping blood and argued the fact he hadnt fallen off, after a bit dave haggled with her to drop the price and we left to clean the blood up and have a few beers to numb the pain. This all happened about 12 so the first all dayer was on. This got messy to drinking games with some worcester lads and went back to the lemon bar. After a few hours we decided to go back but separately, I arrived first to find I didnt have the key so decided to sit in the hammock which broke so mover on to next doors hammock. Sean then got back who didnt have the kety and tried to get in with no avail. Dave then tried the same so we decided just to sleep outside. When we were awoken by the guy who owed the place we had 30 minutes to get our stuff together. Within this time sena and dave had a disagreement which lead to dave hitting sean over the back of the head, scrapping for a couple of minutes and sean kicking dave on the floor. I was watching the whole thing screaming what are you doing????
As were were waiting for the bus the argument happened again, no blows were exchanged this time but they managed to wake up many people in the shouting match.
That trip was a quite trip with us being hungover and horrible atmosphere around the 3 of us, The silent day!!!!
Ariving in Ko Samet, yet anonther island, all was kissed and made up so we went for a few cokes as we still couldnt handle beer.
Ko Samet is a very small islane when it seems like the old men who have brought their women hookers go to on holiday. All we really did there was go on a trip to a few more islands for the snorkeling and free lunch. the snorkeling wasnt that great and the food was shocking as it wasnt the best trip we went on. There was a girl who could quite possibly be a bond girl on our trip too, just had to add that.
Phukett was our next port of stoppage which ended up being about 9 day. We first went to the James Bond island where they filmed some of the Man with The Goldne gun. They even put the film up on the tv on th way to it hehe. We sopped on at a floating village for a few hours which was cool to walk around a random place in the middle of no where but soon realised they were making so much money out of all the trips stoppin off there.
That night we went out to explore the place and ended up in a bar called the blue lotus (this was to be our local bar where we ended up lost nights) the guy who was djing let us free on his colection so we just ended up djing all night and shouting at the guy.
We then met up with the 2 irish girls who we met in Chang Mai. This was when Dave was to fall in love with Caroline. The next few days were really just sitting on a beach and drinking at various places and ending up getting thrown out the blue lotus at 4 in the morning. We hired bikes one day to go to the most inhumane zoo I have ever seem , Monkeys riding bikes and playing basketball, elephants riding bikes and playing football and people sticking their heads in crocs. It was nice to see the tiger had got his own back as one of the guys looking after him (if you can call it that) had one arm.
On the way back the poilce saw it fit to pull all 3 of us over and fine us for driving with out a licence. We paid the 5 pound fine and went back. The next morning we awoke to my bike having a parking fine, Yet another 5 pounds to the local establishment.
That day was Sandras birthday so we had a little bit of a party for her on the beach and went out. As dave had brought a new suit this was his only opportunity to wear it, and that he did.
From Phukett we made our way to Ko Pan Ngan, the Full moon party island. this journey I was to meet Carly an ozzie bird who lived in London but actually hated England so of course I hated Oz and was only going there because we had to!!! Awesome girl!!!!!!
That night we went to a pool party. As we had been traveling we decided to chill out and go home. Also dave was ill as hell.
the next couple fo day were more of a chill out session before the main party.
instead of drinks on the full monn party people drink buckets. These consist of half a bottle wiskey, one can of coke and one small bottle of red bull. I had 2 and have been told I was given another one which I managed to drink all of. As you can understand there is a little memmory in my mind about the whole party. I remember walking away from sean as he was trying to get a taxi and then I awoke 3 hours later on the beach next to a speaker booming out music. I have vague recolections of podiums and that is about it. Carly asked if I remember anything as if we met up but I really dont know?? I would like to do it again but remebering as much as possible. the next day was a complete writ off.
We decided to move our flight back a week so we could fit in Ko Samet and so Dave could spend time with the girl of his dreams. Oh and carly was going there too.
As we arrived there with most of the people on the full moon we were stuck for places to stay untill someong offered a massage parlor we could sleep in , of course we accepted and met Pan the guy who taught in there and was the worst sex pest I have ever seen.
the next day I decided to hire a bike on my own to explore a bit of the island. the first hour was just anight mare. As I arrived at a very steep hill I saw 2 people go over on a quad bike. As the quad bike cut out the breaks locked up and the woman fell off the back as her husband threw himself off the side as the quadbike started tumbling and hit a tree. They were fine apart from a bit shaken up and brused. We got the thing working with the help of a French guy (I know nothing about engines)
On the way I was delayed yet again by a girl on a quad bike yet again pull out infront of a 4 by 4. The 4 by 4 won and I nursed her untill the ambulance got there. Then I was free to explore the awesome Ko Tao. Its easily the best place, chilled out with really warm clean seas and you can snorkell off the beach.
Thay night we decided to taste the night life yet again. Had a couple of buckets between us this time and managed to get split up tey again. As I waked down the road with my Lilo (dont know how I got a lilo) a guy managed to catch his handle bar and pop it. Oh yea he fell off as well with no damage to him. He was so wasted he didnt reallise what was happeing but kept on saying I was to pay for the damage. Of course I distracted him and ran in the opposite direction.
the day after we booked on a snorkelling trip around the island. Luckly who was on the same trip??? Oh yes Carly, Brilliant. The snorkeling was possibly the best snorkelling I have done, so clear and so much to do. Me and Dave did the bloke thing of to start diving and jumping off the boat.
this was our last trip in thailand. we were to leave the Island that night on the night boat with our sun burnt backs on the way to Malaysia, Penang to be exact.
The night boat was a journey in itself. As we got there the boat was full and then they let at least another 100 people on so there were people everywhere sleeping across eachother, I even saw a woman get a pin out to stick in to people feet to get them to move them. This was to be the first time I was to get sea sick and managed to get my head out the the window before it happened, other people were not so lucky especially the guy who sat in a lot of flem his friend had brought up. NICE
Penang is a really nice place. I would say it a lot like Bangkok but with about a quarter of the people so its not as dirty and smell. Malaysia was to be a big culture shock for us as we were to learn as much as possible as we had been sittin gon beaches for the past 3 weeks. Penang alone we went to 2 diferent museums as well as take a historic tour around the city. The best was the wasr museum on the south of the island which was built by the english and has just been found a couple of year ago, a little worrying though as we asked if there were any bodies found and they woman replied yes maybe but we just buried them again as we didnt want to get the poilce involved.
Our next stop was Kuala Lumpur were we only had 1 full day ans 2 nights, both nights the first games of the season were on so you can gues what we did then. In the day sean and dave felt ill so I got up and went for an explore all round the twin tower and the KL towers, very impressive places.
Singapore was again only half a day avalible before we were to fly to Oz. We went to the museum and walked around little india for some good old indian food. I have never eaten so much indian food ever!!! we have had it for bereakfast lunch and dinner with a cheaky Macy D's in between as well, this was al the way through Malaysia.
the last couple of days we have been on a trip to Ayers Rock and Kings Canyon. Both of which are awesome, I would say I prefered Kings Canyon better than Ayers rock just becayse there is alot more to do there and a lot more interesting random things are there.
It took us 2 days to do the 2 attractions, two days where we had to put up with daves stinkin ass yet again.
When we hired the car we managed to get some swags where you just put your sleeping bag in there and your head in out in the open. Awesome experience especially as we has drunk 2 bottle of red wine each and I had thought it was great Idea to walk on red hot coles with bear feet.
As we were driving to syers rock I managed to get caugh speeding by a nice officer!!!!!!!!! I wouldbt bloody mind if I had been speeding the whole trip but I had just over took 2 vans and was just about slow down and she came around the corner. Of course I have forgot my driving licence yet another offence with a court appearence punishment. Luckly I tunred in a to an ass licking gay and she let me off with a $110 fine.
We are currently waiting for a 21 hour bus to Darwin where we are gouing to leave dave here in Alice SPrings to find a way of getting to carines where we will meet again.
there have been quite a few blow out between the 3 of us but we almost always appologise as soon as possible and it fine.
Sorry its been long and I have missed out a load of stuff that has happened. I will write the up and comming blogs in more of a fun way next time. I just wanted to get it all down as I have nothing to do these past 3 hours.
Hope you are all good



Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0311s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb