The Itinerary Part 2


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales
November 3rd 2014
Published: November 3rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

2nd January- leave Vegas and head for Grand Canyon. The trip will take approximately 4 hours. We will have a look around. We are staying at a town called Flagstaff. You can organise some activities when you get there so if we win big on the tables in Vegas we might be able to afford one of the helicopter rides into the Canyon.

3rd January- we leave the Grand Canyon and start heading towards LA. The trip is broken up and we do 3.5 hours the first day and stay at a place called Laughlin, which is at the very south of Navada so similar to Vegas, gambling is encouraged. It should be an interesting place as apparently it came about after a wealthy person flew over it and noticed it would be a great place to start a town in around 1970. It is known for water sports in summer so not sure what to expect in winter.

4th January- we complete the 4 hour trip to Los Angeles and say goodbye to the friends we have made on the trip. There is not muxh time for reflection as we head straight to Anaheim where we are staying for 2 nights.

5th Janurary - no rest for the wicked as we have the day at Disneyland. Our accomodation is just across the road.

6th January- we can have a second day at Disneyland if we didn't get everything in we wanted. We have a pass booked that gets 2 days at Disneyland, entry into SeaWorld in San Diego and entry into Universal Studios in LA. If we were happy with what we saw on the first day we will head straight to LA where we have two nights staying at the Ramada in West Hollywood. We are hoping we can jump into a movie seen and be an extra somewhere.

7th January- full day exploring LA. We will talk to locals about how best to attack all the tourist activities. We are back in LA later in the trip also. Ryan has his first trip 'major highlight' as we will be going to watch the LA Clippers play the LA Lakers. We are going to the game with a mate of Ryan's from uni and his sister. It will be nice to be around familiar people again.

8th January- today we start a mini road trip (2 hours)as we pick up our hire car, remember to drive on the right side of the road and head south to San Diego. Here we are staying 3 nights at the Hilton overlooking the water. When in San Diego we hope to visit SeaWorld, maybe the Zoo and depending on local advice make the half hour trip to Mexico for lunch. This depends as sometimes there is a massive wait to cross the boarder.

9th January- a day exploring San Diego.

10th January- a second whole day exploring San Diego and surrounding areas.

11th January- we leave San Diego and head for our second visit at San Francisco. We arrive at SF at 10.25am where we can start jumping on and off the trams like it's no bodies business. We have 4 nights in SF staying at the Hotel Fusion at Union Square. Today we will just look around and get a feeling of the place.

12th January- we are heading out to Alcatraz today to have a look. After Theresa tried to smuggle the Christmas cake in she might book herself a couple of nights there.

13th January- whole day sightseeing in SF. It's meant to be an amazing place just to look around so we have nothing planned. We might hire some bikes and ride over the Golden Gate Bridge and around the river.

14th January- our last day in SF. We have Ryan's second 'major highlight' as we go to watch Aussie Andrew Bogut and the Golden State Warriors play Miami Heat. Seats were cheaper for this game and we are on a corner 17 rows back, as compared to being in the bleachers in LA.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



7th December 2014

Great trip
hi Ryan & tees, what a wonderful itinerary..... Will be great to be able to. Share your trip through your blog.
8th December 2014

Fantastic trip, well planned.
WOW, what a fantastic trip. Can't wait to follow your blog and re-visit through your eyes some of those places I have been to. My only bit of advice, travel as light as you can. When flying within in USA, and possibly Canada, you will have to pay for your luggage, as well as Theresa's smuggled in Xmas cake (like Tiger Airlines, REMEMBER!!!!). Enjoy yourselves, looks like a trip of a life time.

Tot: 0.234s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0689s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb