New South Wales


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales
May 30th 2006
Published: August 11th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

NSW


30 May - Coffs Harbour


Our final night on the road and we stopped in at Coffs to see Brett Fletcher and his new place in amongst the banana plantations. Brett is a good mate from work and we had not met his wife Toni or the family before he wrapped it up at QANTAS and headed north last year. We had a great meal and conversation at a restaurant called the European (a theme that seemed to be consistent for the next leg of our journey). With my final day as an employee set in Sydney, we sadly did not have longer to spend with friends and family along the stretch of the East coast and we were driving home the next day, setting out early to avoid the dreaded Sydney traffic peaks.
T

May - Back to Wollongong


We took the newly completed M7 bypass around the city, which dropped us on the M5 near Liverpool and then we took the Picton turnoff that got us to Wollongong in good time. With this traffic talk, we knew that we were no longer out on the open highways of the outback or the only car driving along the winding coastal roads. The things that were so far in the back of our mind for most of the journey, of what we needed to be done when we returned and the things unfinished, which we had left behind us just on 4 months ago now came rushing back into our thoughts.
Having completed over 25,ooo kilometres on this journey, we had travelled far - and driving back into the old ‘gong, we could not really say that it felt like home - our home -but, it is where we both grew up and it was familiar.
T


Advertisement



Tot: 0.185s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 15; qc: 71; dbt: 0.0487s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb