Hobart Beach, Bournda National Park, NSW


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales
November 16th 2010
Published: November 29th 2010
Edit Blog Post

15-16 November 2010

We camped out at the Bournda National Park for a couple of nights which is right on Lake Wallagoot.
There was only another couple of camps there and we couldn't see anyone from where we set up so again we felt quite isolated but in a good way. There were plenty of wallabies, birds and cheeky possums to keep us company.One possum in particular was a bit of a nuisance and really took a liking to our tent and kitchen. I could hardly contain my laughter watching Alex trying to scare it away - kitted out in undies and all.

We did a bit of exploring in the car whilst at Hobarts and took a trip into Bega to visit the cheese factory. The scenery on the way to and from Bega was so beautiful - rolling green hills, creeks, rivers and lotsa cows! All the farm land right on the coast is so lush and healthy looking. It's been nice to see a lot of it in Spring too.

Heading south we drove through Merimbula which is another beautiful coastal town and stopped for lunch. From there we headed further south and ended up crossing the border!! Wow, already feels like the trip is going too fast!...


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0217s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb