New Age Living


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales
September 25th 2010
Published: October 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We stayed with a family who liked to live on the alternative side of life. They lived as a shared community and we stayed in a caravan on their land. Upon arrival we were told to “pee anywhere you like” as there were no flushing toilets. The lady then treated Laura to a demonstration in the middle of the garden! They didn’t seem like the sort of people who liked to have any boundaries. They had some funny airy fairy ways and didn‘t seem to have any logic which was difficult for Stuart to cope with! The couple were both counsellors and liked ‘positive vibes’ in their household. They did not raise their voices to their children and liked to let their two year old decide what he wanted to do with his day. We were mostly babysitting and helped expand their vegetable garden. We ate kangaroo for dinner and were told that it is better for the environment. Disappointing for us there were leeches and brown snakes near our caravan and a big spider also came to join us inside. We visited the local waterfall with them and the lady was disappointed it was too cold to go for a naked swim. We were not. We decided not to stay the whole week.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0316s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb