Friday 30th January - Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales
November 30th 1999
Published: February 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hey,

Arrived safely (but tired due to no sleep on the train - very uncomfortable and freezing! 😞 ) at 8am, caught a tram (free! due to the heatwave they are experiencing - woo hoo!) to St Kilda where we are staying and were luckily allowed to chuck our bags in the room but not properly go in until the beds were made at noon. Just chilled having a breakfast, nosy around the area, beach is literally across the road and read some more of our books.

Got into the room and then headed straight for the beach - I reckon we lasted an hour if that, this is some heatwave! We showered and went for a kip as have decided if we want a night out here it will have to be tonight as it's our only day with no early start while we are here - hopefully it will be a cheap one though as we have complimentary drinks vouchers from arrival and the company who we booked the trips with - the bar on site - red eye also has live music on so that's sounding good. Met most of the people in our 8 bed dorm and they all seem really nice, 2 guys from Nottingham who are out here working as builders but off this week due to the weather - to hot to work can you believe that!, a girl from Glasgow currently travelling on her own so coming out with us tonight and then a lad who nobody has quite worked out where he is from yet... 😊 The room has an on-suite bathroom so all good!

Hope you are all well - we miss and love you. Xx Xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0211s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb