Day 151 Wellington


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales
January 13th 2008
Published: January 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Continues very hot but did just have a brief cooling shower. Paul golfed at the adjacent club first thing. Later it was looking at the Japanese garden across the road and then a drive to the lake and arboretum.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Japanese GardenJapanese Garden
Japanese Garden

Just a small part of the gardens which were gifted by a Japanese town council. Very peaceful place and even slightly cooler under the wisteria arches.
Bottle House.Bottle House.
Bottle House.

A bit hard to see but all the walls are made out of brown bottles.
Wombat??Wombat??
Wombat??

Just outside the park entrance. Lived here about 13,000 years ago and bones have been found in the nearby caves.
Botanic Garden and Arboretum 1Botanic Garden and Arboretum 1
Botanic Garden and Arboretum 1

A very small part of the 164 hectare bush that has been developed since 1974. Luckily you can drive around it, only needing to get out and walk for small parts of it. This is a corner of Fern Gully which has been developed by covering an area that would never usually have such plants.
Botanic Garden and Arboretum 2Botanic Garden and Arboretum 2
Botanic Garden and Arboretum 2

The top side of the cover that we had just walked under.
Lake Burrendong Lake Burrendong
Lake Burrendong

We thought this was very low until we spoke with the lady at the kiosk who told us it is about 22% full at present but was only 1.5% this time last year. Is hard to believe that about 100Km away the dam by Orange is full.


Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0999s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb