Update Dec 30th


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales
December 30th 2007
Published: December 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We're still alive and doing well. It's been a while since we have published a blog and hope that everyone hasn't forgotten about us. We have been busy working as much as possible to save up for our big trip.

Christmas was great. We were both able to Skype with our parents for a bit. We even had dinner and opened presents with Deanne's family. It definetly would have been much harder to be away from the family without modern technology to keep us in touch. The presents were perfect too. The most appreciated things were deodorant, Old Bay spice, mice to make cookies, and more decorations for our Christmas tree. We even had a white Christmas (see picture).

On Christmas day we made some sugar cookies and then went over to Alex's family's house for Christmas dinner. It was just like dinner in the USA with a turkey and all the trimmings. We brought Copes corn to the dinner thanks to a care package from my parents. It was yummy!!!

There is a Nor-Easter sweeping down the coast so the waves will be up for the first time in a while, so I'm outa here!


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Christmas at the houseChristmas at the house
Christmas at the house

We went to Christmas at the Sydney Opera house where we learned some Aussie carols. The best is the kangaroo song.
A White ChristmasA White Christmas
A White Christmas

I came home from work one night to find that it had snowed in the apartment. Deanne made hundreds of snowflakes for the ceiling.
Making cookiesMaking cookies
Making cookies

We didn't have the precise tools required, but we made due anyway. We dicided to make them after work on Christmas Eve at 1:00am (Christmas Day)
Sugar Cookies!Sugar Cookies!
Sugar Cookies!

Mom sent me the recipe and look at how well they turned out. Yes, those are kangaroos.
Look at all that candyLook at all that candy
Look at all that candy

We did stockings first on our bed. Look at all the candy.
HappinessHappiness
Happiness

Someone's happy.
DeterminationDetermination
Determination

I will get into this present!
LUCKY CHARMS!!LUCKY CHARMS!!
LUCKY CHARMS!!

The Best Present
Our messOur mess
Our mess

Well, we opened presents and spent many hours on Skype. This was our office for the day.
Sydney to Hobart raceSydney to Hobart race
Sydney to Hobart race

The boats are off to Hobart through the Tasman sea. We caught them as they rounded the cliffs.
The views are stunningThe views are stunning
The views are stunning

oh yeah, and that's Sydney in the background


31st December 2007

Merry Christmas!
I hope you both had a great Christmas. The pics are nice! Deanne, I saw your parents the day after Christmas and they were so excited that they got to share Christmas with you guys, even if it wasn't in person. Have a great new year!

Tot: 0.283s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 55; dbt: 0.053s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb