Where did this crazy idea come from???


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales
April 15th 2007
Published: April 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Steve and I have talked about doing this for a long time we just could not come up with a way to pull it off. We kept procrastinating and coming up with a million reasons why we couldn't.

Life has been in a bit of a rut lately and Steve has just clocked up 20 years in the Police Force and he was the first to say "Lets just sell the house and go". I of course looked at him and said "I beg your pardon, What did you say?" He repeated it and my reply was "Why not".

Not long after that we told the girls what we wanted to do and Dannielle almost packed then and there, Stephanie on the other hand took a couple of days to get her head around the fact that she would be away from School and her friends for half a year, but is now all for it as long as she has email. Samuel just thinks that is what comes next in life and is often found placing red thumb tacks in remote places on the giant map of Australia we now have displayed in our lounge room for each family member to mark towns and points of interest they would like to visit. I think we have more than 60 red markers so far that is not counting Samuels 20 in the middle of the Nullabor and Outback WA.

So in the next couple of weeks we will be looking at purchasing our transport and home away from home seeing as though we won't have a house as such when we leave. We have decided after much toing and froing to get an 18ft Jayco Expanda Outback Off Road Van and a Toyota Landcruiser. Steve is the only one that understands the technical reasons for this combination as he has been obsessively studying the good and the bad ways to travel for the past week so if you have any questions let him know. I can only comment on the fact that the "Watergate Hotel" is luxury as caravans go.

So in the mean time we are painting the inside of the house, laying a timber floor and getting Mystic Park all spick and span ready to put on the market. There is so much to do, many lists to compile and once the "Watergate" arrives many a practice run to Toonumbah Dam and Evans Head on weekends.

The Nixons

Advertisement



16th April 2007

Excellent!
Congratulations!!!! Awesome Idea!
16th April 2007

Thanks Lea
Glad you like it. Keep in touch. Love The Nixons
21st April 2007

What a Great family experience
Have you got room for 1 or 2 more Nixon's? Will look forward to following you around Aus, hey Samuel put a mark on Canberra for us.

Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0662s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb