Life's a Beach


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales
March 23rd 2020
Published: March 23rd 2020
Edit Blog Post

While still waiting for our house to be rented out, we decided to continue to travel but stay fairly close to Grafton. Since the last trip was out West it's time for the beach.

The first week was spent at Lorikeet Park on Corindi/Arrawarra Beach - very relaxing. The beach was a only short walk from our site, but the beach access was through a wetland with millions of mozzies... We had a trip to Woolgoolga to add a bird to my family tree tattoo, and another to do a top-up shop. Although the shop had limited stock, we were able to get most of our normal items. We had quite a bit of rain over the week but still managed a few long walks on the beach :-)

The second week was a week at Valla Beach with the Ulysses RV group. Social distancing was the order of the week, along with lots of hand washing. It was strange not shaking hands (or hugging those we knew well) but we were being careful. Only a couple of walks on the beach this week, but happy hour most nights, and we made some new friends. The walk to the beach was over the walking bridge at Deep Creek. Apparently there are often stingrays on the sandbars in Deep Creek, but we didn't see any (sleeping in too late I think). The weekly shop at Nambucca Heads was very light on as the shop had many empty shelves. We managed to get enough to eat though (and we still had toilet paper) so we'll do another top-up shop when we get back to Grafton next week.

Now back in Grafton and lawns mowed. The house has still not been rented and with the Corona lockdowns and non-essential travel bans it doesn't look like it will be happening any time soon. It's sad (and strange) being in Grafton and not visiting family, but the distancing is necessary for a while. Really the only reason for staying close to Grafton now is to mow lawns till the house is rented. We will soon make a decision on whether to stay in Grafton (at the house or at the caravan park) or settle in somewhere nearby to sit it out for a while...


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Corindi/Arrawarra BeachCorindi/Arrawarra Beach
Corindi/Arrawarra Beach

Easy social distancing


Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0546s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb