Day 3 - Gosford to Swansea


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales
November 6th 2019
Published: November 6th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Day 3. Was a bugg** covering 83kms split roughly into two halves over 8.25 hrs & a brutal 1156 mts of assent for the day. Yesterday’s bad weather had cleared to a brilliant cloudless blue sky. The morning stage was to The Entrance & started with some nice bike paths but soon changed to a very busy main road with some narrow shoulder that required total concentration not to wobble while ascending hills up to 13%. Terrigal was only half way to The Entrance & I was already spent. The beautiful outlook & morning tea at the surf club revived our spirits. Shelly Beach & Long Jetty were were memorable view stops.

The afternoon stage was to Swansea & we seemed to get a second wind with riding mainly on cycle paths. A slight diversion to Norah Head lighthouse was well worth the effort. The ride through Munmorah conservation area was hard work on tired muscles & those without an ebike were reduced to walking. The last 10 kms to Swansea was just a grind along the Pacific Hwy. A side exit via Cams Wharf was a mistake with more walking hills but at least a beautiful downhill into Swansea.

Shopping at Coles & Dan Murphy’s sorted our evening at Blacksmiths Beachside Holiday Park.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0422s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb