Wollongong day trip


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Wollongong
December 3rd 2009
Published: December 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

We have about 10 days to chill before we head off to Queensland. Since we still have the car that we rented for parents' visit, we decided to drive down to Wollongong to have a look.

Wollongong is the third largest city in New South Wales, about 1 hour South of Sydney. This place does not have any famous attractions. I guess the biggest landmark would be the Nan Tien Temple, formed by "Star cloud master", which is the largest temple in the Southern Hemisphere and the Jamberoo Action park, a park with water activities and park. However, we did not go to either.

It was almost noon when we got there. As usual, we sat down at a little outdoor cafe and enjoyed our breakfast coffee before we started our tour. Coffee culture seems to be a lot stronger than America with many cafe boasting serious coffees and of course fancy latte art. This is one thing I like about Australia, one day, I want to have my own cafe too!

We drove along the scenic coast, visited the landmark lighthouse and the beach and also dropped by a winery for wine tasting (no good.. boo!). It
Breakfast coffeeBreakfast coffeeBreakfast coffee

My favourite cappucino
was a nice drive. At around 5, we headed back to Sydney for our first sushi dinner here!

Recommended by many friends, we went to Makoto. This place always has a line-up, so we got there early at around 6:30 to avoid the rush. We still waited for about 30 minutes. In addition to sushi, we ordered a bowl of noodle. The cooked food was just alright, fish was fresh but Seto in Vancouver is better. The best dish was the scampi (big prawn) sushi, love it!! After dinner, we walked along George Street. Sydney on Saturday night is much more lively, we finally saw a real city!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Dinner at MakotoDinner at Makoto
Dinner at Makoto

Recommended by many
The best of allThe best of all
The best of all

Scampi sushi


Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0576s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb