Another Chrissie down under


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Wollongong
January 2nd 2009
Published: January 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

After what seemed like a long flight for some reason, it was good to be back down under! The flight from Singapore to Sydney was only 7 hours, but it was an overnight flight, so maybe that was the problem. We arrived into Sydney at 6:30am with only about half hours sleep, and thought it was rather chilly 22 degrees after the temperatures we had been used to the last while in Sinagpore and Thailand! After almost 3 months of being away, Brett was extra glad to be back.

Brett's Uncle Dennis picked us up, and we headed back to their house in Wollongong, which is about an hour and a bit south of Sydney. There were not many Christmas decorations in Thailand, and there were a few more in Singapore, but we definately didn't felt that lead up to Christmas so it was a bit hard to believe that Christmas Eve was the next day!

Brett's cousin Corey, his wife Val and their son Hayden arrived later that day and are here for Christmas and New Years then they are heading up the coast a way for their summer holiday. It definately is a busy time in all the campgrounds and beaches as all the kids are off now on summer holidays til the end of January. Still a bit hard to remember that all the seasons and school schedules are opposite from what we are used to in Canada. Especially when we hear how much snow Vancouver is getting!! Bit different than here.

We had a big Christmas lunch with roast lamb, chicken, turkey and pork and all the veggies and most importantly the gravy.... then had a lighter dinner with prawns and seafood. It was all very good, and as usual Shelly didn't stop with 1 or 2 desserts but had about 4 or 5. And don't worry, Brett managed to sample them all.

The weather since Christmas has been really warm and nice and sunny, so we have been making good use of the new longboard Santa brought Brett and I for Christmas. (With Santa being us!). Thought we might as well add another board to the quiver... and looks like we are going to be fighting over this one, it's a lot of fun! The water temperature around Wollongong right now is 20 degrees and warming up everyday since the air temperatures have been around 30-34 degrees and a bit humid.

We spent New Years Eve having a barbie and a few drinks at Shelly and Den's, and had Brett's other aunt, Jen, over since it was her birthday. And then New Years Day was back at the Farm for a surf... Think that may be the schedule for the next while...





Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

Christmas DayChristmas Day
Christmas Day

Corey, Brett's Pop (who is 91!!) and Nan, and Val
The partiers!The partiers!
The partiers!

Hayden (Brett's cousins' son), Jessie (the dog) and Dennis (Brett's uncle)


Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0392s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb