Too much chocolate.


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Wollongong
April 3rd 2008
Published: May 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Yep, they're here and causing trouble. Arrived just in time for Easter, which seemed a tad suspicious, but we were mug enough to fall for it and bought them chocolate blibies anyway. They were so damn cute it seemed a crime to break into them, although Crum soon changed her tune the second the fruit 'n' nut ran out, caving the poor little thing's head in with out blinking. The monster.

They've discovered the joys of the all day City Rail ticket and like to spend their time zipping back and forth across the bay watching the world go by. A very fine thing to do too. Think they've done just about every square inch of it now, even going all the way up to Parramatta. They've been round the Opera House and even a pornographic contemporary art exhibition (which only dawned on Crum half way round), so they're getting about.

Took them to the beach as soon as we could - two up from Austimer this time. Not sure what it was called, but the south end was made up of a sheltered bay ideal for launching boats, whilst the north was open to the ocean waves. Had a splash about in them with the old boy, who seemed to enjoy himself, even if he did come home with swimmers full of sand. Made you a new sandcastle, Asha, this time with our swanky new bucket and spade set. A big improvement on the boob with a stick I think you'll agree.

Dad's trying to patch up the grass, but I reckon we need the real expert, Roger. He's constructed this insane structure to keep the pigeons off out of kebab stakes, string, a fork, a spade and a few carrier bags. And believe it or not, it's working! Trouble is the seed isn't, so we still have a bit of a bald patch, which I might just call Charles in his honour.

All going well so far. Bit hard for them not to love Sydney really. Taking them down to Jervis Bay soon, which should be right up their street. Keep your fingers crossed that we get to see dolphins.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb