Day 35


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Wentworth
March 13th 2011
Published: March 13th 2011
Edit Blog Post

WE packed and left by 9:30am, this appears to becoming our regular “move out time”
The road way taken was easy going and long straight stretches of highway.

No trouble to our rig and we made good time. We came alongside some more “tennis balls” growing in the paddocks, and being an hour on the road, we decided to pull over for morning tea and check it out. After our long discussion on the correct crop, IE: tennis balls or potatoes;

While Karon boiled the kettle, Rick headed towards the paddock, and came back with 2 Dew Melons, they were partially green and heading towards Yellow, not sure if they represent a failed crop or just not picked yet.
But TENNIS BALLS NOPE! Potatoes NOPE! Gee is that a draw or one each?

Mind you from the road and distance, with a big percentage being yellow, they look like tennis balls, or abandoned potatoes.

We crossed from SA to Victoria with-out passports yet again! And then we crossed the Murray river to breach NSW, and on into Wentworth, across the Darling river, a small town that is on the confluence of the Murray and Darling rivers. With the historic tree that Sturt tied his boat up at, when he found the confluence so long ago.

We booked into the park and the Darling river has claimed entitlement to some of the caravan sites, and is still running extremely high bank to bank, from the Queensland floods.

We settled in and did the washing and chose to visit the local Services Club for dinner, $12, three course meal deal. Well a couple of bus tours also had booked in for the bargain feed, so for a small town and club, it was overflowing, similar to the Darling river along side.

We found a window seat and enjoyed a very filling feed while watching the people as well as the Darling river flow past, NOT in the same side, the people were in the club and the Darling river outside!!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb