Finally some SUN!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Wentworth
November 7th 2010
Published: November 7th 2010
Edit Blog Post

So the last couple of days I have done a fair bit. I have been job searching and even signed up to HAYS agency in the city. Might be able to get a job working in a bank again. Not what I really wanted to do but the money would be good and I'd hopefully only stay for a max of 3 months and possibly save a bit of mony too! Only thing is I have to buy a suit - I don't even own a suit back home, oh well, the shops are calling me. If I get a job in the city I would probably stay in the city during the week and come back up to Uncle Dan's at the weekend, thats untill the girls arrive.
Saturday night I was taken to Penrith's Panther's RSL - it's basically a rugby culb, but not like any rugby club I've ever seen. It was huge. They have about 5 restuarants, a million bars, a theatre and a massive casino right in the middle. It was like being back in Las vegas. Apparently gambling is pretty big over here. We then headed to another RSL (on the smaller scale, but still pretty big) and watched a U2 tribute band who were awesome. Tried out a few different types of Australian beer - nothing really hitting the spot, I'll have to try them all and decide on my favoutire! hehehe!
And then we come to Sunday, my first full day of sunshine down under and the day Uncle Dan and I go on a walk/hike to Wentworth Falls. This walk was amazing. It wasn't so much as a walk as a trek/hike/rock climb/absailing all rolled into one. The hike was said to be about 3-4 hrs long but we managed it on 2.5hrs (Uncle Dan probably would have made it in about 1-2 hrs - he walks so frinking fast - my little legs couldn't keep up).
So this hike, we started walking across the top of the falls and then headed down. It was a long way down, we must have gone down about 500 steps. The waterfall was amazing though - really out of this world. Once at the bottom of Wentworth Fall we continued to head down, this time the path wasn't so clearly laid out. We had to climb over rocks and beat back bushes/trees. It's no wonder people going missing inthe Blue Mountains if they try going on bush walks - i'm sticking to National Park routes! At one point we even had to climb down 3 or 4 steel ladders to get to the bottom while being soaked by the waterfalls we passed on the way. We must have passed (or climbed over) about 10 different waterfalls on the way. Now the only thing about going down is that at some point you have to come back up and I'm not that great at hiking up (Thrin is my witness on this fact). There were plenty of stairs to climb up but the views on the way made up for it.
All in all, an amazing walk/hike/trek! Just look at the pictures - I'm sure you'll agree. It was amazing, definately want to do it again.
When we got back I enjoyed the sunshine in the garden and this morning it is still really sunny, might go for a swim in the pool!
Missing you all tonnes, love to all
xxxxxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



10th November 2010

Jealous !!
Hi Emma we are back in freezing Barnehurst after a weekend in Lisbon, the weather over there was really hot for the first couple of days then rainy - but plenty to see! Your photos look amazing! I will be printing all your blogs to date as your nan wants to catch up, who knows we may get her to become a silver surfer!! Love you loads and talk soon Love Mum & dad
16th November 2010

WOW!!!!!
Em this looks amazing so glad your having a greatvtime miss you tons lots of love xxxxxx

Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0219s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb