change of plans why are you not surprised


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Wagga Wagga
October 4th 2006
Published: October 4th 2006
Edit Blog Post

before we left victoria we ventured once more to melbourne, this time initially to pick up tickets to the Bathurst 1000, races.Something for dave to tick offf of things he wants to do. while we were in the city we visited cooks cottage this was moved brick by brick from a village in yorkshire and re - erected in fitzroy park melbourne.Dave commented that had they left it in yorkshire we wouldn't have had to travel so far to see it. also in fitzroy park is a model of a tudor village sent from the lambeth council, this made us both smile, it is so tacky wimborne it aint. we also visited the old town jail where ned kelly was hung, alcatraz it aint. though to be fair, it was very interesting.

and so nowwe have left civilisation, first we went to port albert, this was a main harbour for the gippsland area,oh i forgot we visited the giant worm exhibition in gippsland, there are no worms there now on display but we did see a film about them and photographs, now where were we oh yes port albert, we visited the cemetary there, and interestingly enough we saw some worm casts, that could easily have been made by giant worms.

from here we travelled north along the great alpine highway turned off in search of campsite north of bairnsdale ,the road turned from tarmac to gravel after 3 hours we decided we would camp anywhere. there was a bar-b-que , a pile of cut wood, and a toilet. it was wonderful, the noises were strange, frogs toads and things we dont know.

having rested we awoke to an unfamiliar dawn chorus.
we cooked breakfast and carried on crossing a river twice. eventually we came to a tarmac road. more next session.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0559s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb