Blowing in the Wind


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Ulladulla
September 17th 2013
Published: July 2nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Milton Historical BakeryMilton Historical BakeryMilton Historical Bakery

Hand made blocks to build this building in 1870, every chip in them was made by someone around that time.
Geo: -35.3571, 150.474

What a night? 41.6mm of rain with 63km wind gusts, constant, neither of us able to sleep we had tied the awning down and on one side it was tied to a heavy wooden table, it had moved during the night.

Both of us up at 4.30am, the van is rocking and banging around it is like being in a washing machine. In daylight it will be interesting to see what damage is done. 5.30am the wind stopped rocking the van so we managed to get back to sleep for a couple of hours.

7.30am the park has branches all over the place but no serious damage, we have resident plover birds with chicks and they are camped next to the Ladies. During the night holding an umbrella and trying to dodge them to get to the toilet was not much fun, in storm conditions.

We went into Ulladulla to stock up on supplies, checked out an opportunity shop, no jumpers to fit Mick so the red jumper has still not had a wash. Mind you today is warm, windy and we are both in short sleeved shirts. Hard to believe after last nights storm.

We unpacked supplies then went
Ulladulla Bay and Break wallUlladulla Bay and Break wallUlladulla Bay and Break wall

Mick and I walked out to the end of the break wall, just incredible
to Dolphin Point for a look, crossed Burrill Lake, people have built on every advantage point most places are two storey over looking the Bay or the Ocean. Every Bay around Ulladulla is special and the waves today were a decent size, great to watch.

Then we drove to Milton to have a look at the Historical Bakery, built in 1870 and restored beautifully. The sandstone bricks were cut out by hand which is pretty amazing, I could not find out if prisoners had been used to build the Bakery which looks like it was originally a Hotel. Missed seeing a giant fig tree so will have a look tomorrow. Both knackered so came back to Ulladulla and went for a stroll along foreshore and Break wall, to watch the fishing boats and the ocean once again. Could see our Caravan on the headlands, which was pretty cool.

Mick needed his jumper so we drove into town and in Rivers he was able to buy a new jumper, I also found a pair of shoes, Mick noticed this morning I had a blow out in the sole of one of my shoes. I also spent 15 minutes trying to
Dolphin BayDolphin BayDolphin Bay

Lovely Bay with the tide coming in.
find my purse I had put down, luckily there are some honest people around and a lady found my purse for me. When tired I am hopeless, we then had a drink and came home because the rain has began again in ernest and we had done all we needed to.

Our park has some amazing grevillias, it really is well appointed and the amenities are great.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Mick in his new jumperMick in his new jumper
Mick in his new jumper

Just for you Kate his red one is in the wash
Grevilla not sure!!Grevilla not sure!!
Grevilla not sure!!

Just an example great variety in this park
View from our parkView from our park
View from our park

If only we had a view like this from our own home!!


17th September 2013

Nice jumper Mick..........that will keep you warm on the piers or jetties !!
17th September 2013

The can was rocking at 4:30 am?? You two need to stop that shit...
17th September 2013

Van* oops
17th September 2013

Like a good wine you just get better with age.
17th September 2013

I've nearly got the technique right. I reckon another twenty years and I will have it down pat. I'll just have to keep practising.

Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0661s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb