Slow Trip from Toowoomba to Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Tenterfield
January 29th 2014
Published: January 29th 2014
Edit Blog Post

This is part three of todays adventures.

After leaving Boonoo Boonoo National Park we headed for Tenterfield and back to the highway, but came across Captain Thunderbolts Hideout/Cave. For the uneducated or the non Australians, Captain Thunderbolt was a notorious Bush Ranger/Highwayman in Australia's history and we did a quick "U" turn to take the short walk and have a look.

Bush Rangers in Australian history were meant to have done it tough, but from what we saw, Captain Thunderbolt at least had a great place to hold up out of the weather and some great scenery as well. Marvellous what nature provides.

From there we headed towards Girraween National Park. This would have to be one of the best we have visited for facilities with a great camp area with toilets/showers, separated camp area's good for caravans and then separate from the again some great picnic area's with clean and well maintained BBQ's.

On top of all that, there are some excellent walking trails. Unfortunately we were all walked out by this time, so we decided to put Girraween National Park on our list to return to and stay a while for the future. I would 100% recommend it for any one looking for a place to spend a couple of days.

Again heading back on the highway for Stanthorpe, we came across a strange pyramid in the middle of nowhere and again did a "U" turn to have a look and take a couple of photo's. Not sure what it is meant to mean or what it was built for, but I suspect it was built by the local vineyard to attract customers. Not a bad effort and a lot of work.

Enjoy and catch you all with our next blog.

Graeme & Lyn.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0387s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb