Midnight in Paris


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
July 18th 2013
Published: August 29th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -33.8671, 151.207

We set the alarm for an early 6-00am start, as we had to get to Les Halles RER station by 7-30am to catch the train to Charles de Gaulle Airport. Darrol helped us with our luggage to the station, which is at the end of Rue Montorgueil where we have been staying. The plane left an hour late, which left little time at Abu Dhabi Airport to change flights for the Sydney leg of the journey home.

On the way home on the plane we watched Midnight in Paris, which was much more interesting the second time having just visited many of the locations in Paris in the film, plus visited many of the museums containing works by the characters in the film. Midnight in Paris is actually quite an insightful film.

Plane is due in at Sydney Airport at 5-50pm Friday, where my brother Michael will be picking us up.

It has been an unbelievable seven and a half weeks in Europe. We have pushed ourselves hard to see and experience as much of the history and diversity of cultures that Europe has to offer as is possible in that time.

I have attached photos of Paris at night to this blog entry, in an attempt to try and capture Paris at midnight. With the sun in Paris not setting until 10-00pm at night, Paris is alive at midnight.

Not sure about going back to work on Monday.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0384s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb