Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
March 9th 2016
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Sugarcane RestaurantSugarcane RestaurantSugarcane Restaurant

In Surry Hills
Geo: -33.8786, 151.21

Drove down to Sydney on Tue 8 Mar, stopping at Balgowlah to have lunch and a good chat with Maria along the way. Steve was at work. They are soon to depart for their northern summer yacht cruising; in the western Med this year.

After checking in at our accommodation, we returned the hire car at the Domain carpark and walked back to the Wyndham at the southern end of Hyde Park. Michael and Kate Goodyer had already arrived and we wasted no time broaching the couple of wines we had brought back from the Hunter, and the hotel's complimentary bottle of bubbles too.

At 8pm we headed off to a local fusion restaurant and enjoyed a fine meal, washed down with two more bottles of wine. Our high-end room has a very nice spa bath on the deck so Baddie restocked with a couple more bottles of red and we settled in to the spa. Perhaps luckily, we found out why the signs said "no glass" in the spa bath because somehow the bottles got broken before we had finished even the first one. Ah well, we had a few bottles of cider in reserve and finished them off before midnight and decided it was bed time.

Woke up feeling surprisingly well on Wed and went for a walk to Mrs Macquarie's Chair and around the botanic gardens. Saw the Governor's House and Baddie texted David Hurley and told him we were there and that his mansion was in need of some maintenance. Dave replied later - he was away at Billy Rolfe's funeral (sadly) but he said g'day and thanked us for the maintenance tip ;-)

After a light lunch Robyn and Kate went to have a look at wedding gowns for Erin, and Mike and I had a quiet beer. The Goodyers had to be in Canberra that night so we said our goodbyes after a whirlwind but fun catch-up.

After a nap, at 5pm we met Steve at a local pub to exchange g'days over a couple of beers. We half-made arrangements to visit them for a sail in Corsica in July, we'll see...


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.199s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0272s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb