Arrived in the land down under


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
April 22nd 2017
Published: April 23rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Landed in the land down under for a warm welcome from Darryl! There he was milky white with a huge back pack full of goodies for us waiting at the gate! Taxi to Sydney and we arrived where we were staying, with a friend from home in her apartment for a few nights. We stopped for a quick freshen up and then hit the town. Darryl had brought us tickets to a local NRL game Manly sea eagles vs Melbourne storm. So we hopped onto the ferry to take us over to Manly! On route we were able to see and get some great pics of the opera house and harbour bridge. We stopped for a quick bite to eat in the lovely Manly before heading off to the game. Darryl was already into the full swing of the travelling lark with a few beers under his belt. The game was great fun and made better with a few drinks. We were sold a pale ale as a cider, which made for a an interesting drinking game!
After the game we were back on the ferry again, this time we nearly missed it and only just managed to get on with the help of John! Running down the jetty screaming John sent us, we literally had to take a running jump onto the boat! Settled on the boat we now got night time pics of the favourite landmarks. We had arranged to meet all Sydney based friends in a bar at the foot of the opera house that evening and enjoyed a few G&T's. To make things better whilst we were sat there the opera house put on a fabulous firework display- all in all Sydney really performed!
The next day we were up and at them early for a jam packed day at the blue mountains and a bus trip to Coffs Harbour!
The blue mountains were blue- as it said on the tin. The light reacts with the eucalyptus oil in the atmosphere and gives it a blue haze. The blue mountain national park is HUGE. Our trip was made all the more interesting with the help of our typically sarcastic Australian tour guide Jason! I swear to god I had his life story over the duration of the day- did you know his mates kids don't talk to him anymore!!!!
All in all it was a good day finished off with another boat ride back into the centre of Sydney! Bags collected we were off to the bus station for an overnight bus to Coffs Harbour.
Darryl's first experience of bus travel- I don't think he was that impressed and to be honest we weren't either. I have to say it for the South Americans- at least we had Cama- full bed seats!
Still Coffs Harbour was lovely and we spent the day chilling on the beach with a few beers! The waves were huge so no swimming but Darryl was convinced he had caught a tan!
The following morning at 6am we were back on the bus bound for Byron bay.
Another day spent chilling on the beach, to coin Darryl's phrase- this was a bit of us!
The evenings entertainment at the hostel was ladies jelly wrestling. Presented by a drag queen under strict instructions not to film or take photos me and Jo decided to opt out! It still didn't stop us getting rather plastered and heading out for a night in Byron. The following day we were all feeling worse for ware and Jo to the point of not getting out of bed until gone midday. Me and Darryl did manage to drag our bums out of bed and walk to the most eastern point of Australia! We managed it but enjoyed it is another matter! Tonight the hostel had put on bingo for us, with a cash prize amongst other prizes- CASH PRIZE, we were in!
Eyes down for game- we were determined to win! 2nd round I won a kayaking trip with dolphins worth £40, which was great but it was no cash prize and we were leaving the next day! Ok eyes down again 3rd round- no win. 4th round was nail biting- there was a little confusion whether a number was called- 11. If it had Darryl had won the big prize. A frantic Jo went up wanting to check- confirmation... it had been called- WE HAD WON!!!! To seal the win she had to shout- BINGO IM RICH MOTHER FUCKERS! Down the microphone and she did with great pleasure! We had won £150 cash prize! Unfortunately the bar had closed so we had to keep our winnings for the next day.
The next day it was a winners breakfast complete with eggs and bacon, taking great delight in knowing the hostel had paid for it, before heading off to Brisbane on another bus ride.
See you in Brizzy baby- Lauren, Jo and Darryl!


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 25


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0587s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb