Too much work, not enough play!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
September 13th 2006
Published: September 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

First of all, how sad to hear of the death of Steve Irwin. After having visited his zoo a few weeks ago I came away with the impression that all his staff adored him. Stevo will be missed thats for sure.

Since my last update: I headed to Byron Bay, spending 3 wonderfully relaxing days there. In fact it was just what I needed after a hectic couple of months! Didn't do much except for sleep and chill. oh and got a bit of a sunburn as well. But it was pretty quiet there (out of season) so headed back on myself to Surfers Paradise on the Friday night to visit Pat, Dave and Cam and have a night out. Decided to head up to Brisbane the next day. I would have to head back there to catch my flight to Adelaide anyway, so thought it would be easier to head back there now rather than messing around and doing more travelling in a few days.

Headed up to Brisbane with Dave and met up with Gus, a guy I met in Dougie's. Hung around for a few days, drunk a bit more, but overall got pretty bored with Brisbane. Nice place, but not a huge amount to do, especially when the weathers bad, as it was at this time.

On the Thursday I flew down to Adelaide ready to work at the show on the Friday. Checked into the apartments, which were very nice indeed, and share with Dani and Aurore, both of whom I'd worked with in the Brisbane show. From the Friday through til the following Saturday, we worked 12 hour days. 9 am til 9 pm. Tough. By the time we finished work at 9pm, all we wanted to do was eat and sleep so no real adventures in Adelaide (except for Dani nearly burning down the apartment, but thats another story!). Only really got to see any of the place on our last day in Adelaide on the Saturday night. On Sunday, I flew to Sydney.

Met up with family in Sydney which has been great. Will get some photos online soon for family back home. Slept for 14 hours straight on Sunday night/Monday morning - much needed! Yesterday I did all the touristy things in Sydney and headed to the top of the Sydney Tower, Darling Harbour, rode the monorail, and of course went to see the Harbour Bridge and the Opera House. Even more impressive in real life! Had a really good day.

Will be calling up soon to book my flight home, probably going to be the last week of October, funds are running seriously low so can't stay longer than that unfortunately!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Drunken AnticsDrunken Antics
Drunken Antics

From Surfers
Selling Lint Remover!Selling Lint Remover!
Selling Lint Remover!

Is it me or Ruud Gullit?
Drunken Antics 2Drunken Antics 2
Drunken Antics 2

From Adelaide, some of the works crew. left to right: Dave, Aurore, Matt, Moi, Naomie
The HousematesThe Housemates
The Housemates

Aurore and Dani


13th September 2006

Hi Gareth, looks like you're having an amazing time there - bet you don't want to come home!!! You've got some cracking photos on here - looking forward to seeing more when you're home. Enjoy your last few weeks!! Nathan
13th September 2006

Hello
Hi Gar Nice to see you enjoying yourselve pity about the work, hav u seen alana and family yet? keep up the good work on this site its lovely to see you and hear about the places your are visiting, bars included1 i must say that you do tend to spend a lot of time in them. anyway lots of love aunty sue and gang xxxxxxxxxxxx
26th September 2006

hiya from cardiff
Your pix and stories have spurred me on to continue saving my hard earned cash from Black Horse to visit the beautiful land of Oz before i drop off the planet......Once Lowri has begun to make her own way in the world, i will be hopping on a plane, for definite. All is well in the world of finance, we still get wrecked in the great western most fridays..... c u at the bar when u return to Wales. Take care xx
28th September 2006

Hello there buddy
Hi there mate Sounds like you are still having fun down under (no giggling). I didn't think you would be coming home, enjoying yourself far too much. It is good that you have covered a huge area of Oz and seen loads. Look forward to seeing you when you get back, hearing more stories and giving you a good pasting at Fitness! Chirs.

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0371s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb