The Extra Tidbits


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
December 6th 2013
Published: December 6th 2013
Edit Blog Post

There are just a few things one needs to know before any of you go to visit in the Down-Under land. Both Australia and New Zealand are sometimes more direct that Canadians or Americans. I am sure you can interpret these signs.



In one of the blogs I mentioned the “toilets” and how clean they generally are. They sometimes even have special ones for our little people.



Though there are different styles of toilets, this one is very common.



When I say they are direct, the one sign in Canada would have said "manure for sale" or "fertilizer for sale". This one says "Cow Poo For Sale".



We did notice that there is every style of dress. In Sydney, we were in the business district and noticed that some women wore long dresses, others wore suits, some wore slacks. Footwear could be boots, heels, high or low, thongs (we call them flipflops) that may match the dress. And in both countries, many people don’t wear shoes, they go barefoot, in the cities and in the towns. I do hope they wash their feet well before they climb into bed!



And another aside. Our wallet did show up in Lost and Found and is currently being sent by courier. I do have to say both Australians and New Zealanders are very honest and this experience confirms this thought


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0869s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb