9 - 10 October 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
October 10th 2012
Published: October 10th 2012
Edit Blog Post

On Tuesday the plan was to push on to Canberra; however, Rachel needed to be in Sydney for a few more days to work. Ultimately we would have loved to stay in the heart of Sydney but we'll save that for next year when we have a bit more money to play with. The Lane Cove River Tourist Park was the next best option and what a beautiful spot it is.

Set in the Lane Cove River National Park, the Tourist Park is only 10 kms away from the Sydney Harbour Bridge and covers an enourmous area and has self contained cabins available as well as spacious sites for caravans, campervans and tents.

The remainder of Tuesday was used to settle in and take care of about a week's worth of washing while taking a walk around the grounds and finding the starting point for a few nearby hikes.

Wednesday saw the grey clouds from yesterday disperse and it was blue skies and sunshine all the way. After breakfast we got ready and hit the walking trails through the National Park. The stretch along the Lane Cove River was particularly pleasant and we spotted at least 10 different Eastern Water Dragons as they scurried off the path as we plodded along.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.077s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 3; ; mem: 1.1mb