Rob and Rugby


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
May 14th 2006
Published: May 14th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Rob at the Telstra StadiumRob at the Telstra StadiumRob at the Telstra Stadium

Where Martin Johnson, Jonny Wilkinson and Co. made history!
Rob has joined us for 10 days of our trip. We all arrived in Sydney on Friday, Josh and I explored the city during the day, we took my (broken) iPod to the Apple store to get sorted out, thankfully though my brother indirectly gave his iPod to Rob so I will not be without music for the rest of this trip (that is true brotherly love!! cheers buddy). We also visited Sydney Harbour in the evening and took a look at the Opera house and the bridge. Once Rob arrived we went to a local pub and had some schooners.

Crazily Rob bumped into someone he served with in Iraq, on the bus on the way to Bondi Beach, it's a small small world!! (Despite the fact that Rob insists it is actually very big). Bondi was nice, still a little bit chilly, but warmer than Melbourne. We splashed about in the water, the water wasn't that cold after we got used to it. We bought a big tennis ball and played football with it, but there weren't enough people for a proper game, but me and Rob beat Josh convincingly. As many of you will know yesterday was FA Cup final day (or night/early morning for us). We went to a pub called Scruffy Murphys and watched the game with many drunk Irish Liverpool fans. It was very strange to be watching the cup final live at midnight!! Was a great game (see www.bbc.co.uk/football for more information). The atmosphere was electric, the pub was packed to the rafters. For the last two nights we got in pretty late, and now the other guy in our 4 man room has checked out, probably because we woke him up alot, but we tried to be really quiet.

Today we got up really late and went to the Telstra Stadium (home of England Rubgy's finest hour), to watch the Mitsubishi Electric Bulldogs vs. Paramatta Eels in Rugby League. Was a good game for Rugby League, but we definitely prefer Union. Fuifui Moimoi starred for the Eels, while El Magic (sponsered by Subway) scored loads for the Bulldogs. They used any excuse to get advertising in!!

The rest of our time in Sydney will be spent on the Beaches (visiting Manly tomorrow) and we will also take a trip to the Blue Mountains.

Tom


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Telstra StadiumTelstra Stadium
Telstra Stadium

It was really empty :-(


17th May 2006

oooooooo
this blog makes me want to go to visit australia and do some films there. also that rob in the picture looks really hot so if he came to hollywood and looked me up i'd give him a place to stay.

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.048s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb