Welcome home : in Sydney !


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
February 13th 2011
Published: February 13th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hello
Our Saturdayevening in Newcastle was fun ! Kevin was craving for Chinese food, so off we went trying to find a Chinese restaurant. Up on leaving the hostel we made our way into Newcastle center. Suprisingly enough the center seemed to be deserted..nobody on the streets and worse : no nice restaurants. Until...we saw this security guy who was standing outside a KFC. He gave us the directions to what appeared the Place to be in Newcastle. Instead of Chinese food, we found this great Vietnamese restaurant. They used to be located in Sydney. One of the waitresses recognized Kevin and so we were in for special care. We even got a free glass of a delightfull white Sauvignon. The food was divine. Especially the stuffed calamares with pork meat. Hmmm.
By the time we were back in the hostel it was 22:30. We attempted to see a DVD in our room, but "I am legend" turned out to be very boring. So by 23:30 we fell asleep.
At 7:30 Kevin and I were awake. We took a shower and than off to home.... Sydney that is...
As we approahed the city, the excitement was growing. Kevin first took me to Waverton for breakfast. After breakfast Kevin took me for a walk.....The walk took us to this amazing view on the Sydney CBD's skyline WITH the Operah House and Harbour Bridge ! Sigh...The feelings inside are hard to describe....It is so good to be back in Sydney... And the excitement will continue : we are about to head off to Sydney Center via the Harbour Bridge !!! We are going to look for a new suitcase. And this evening we have a date with Rosie who we met in Noosa. Tomorrow I will leave Sydney for a 3 day trip to Surfers Paradise, but on Thursday I will come back to Sydney. For 5 nights than.
J

Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.045s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb