4 months and 4 days to celebrate 4 decades!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
August 13th 2010
Published: August 24th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Friday the 13th - a great day to start a wonderful holiday - certainly a "lucky for some" day for us!
City Sydney
Language English
Currency Australian dollar - rate $0.79
Climate high 18c - low 9c

Our first day was a series of logistical activities. Up at 6am and cleaning the house until Jennie went to work for the morning. Shaun then dropped our belongings that were remaining behind into our lock-up and then took the car to its storage facility in Ohario Valley. Mum and Dad Davis met Shaun there and kindly acted as our airport chauffeur service. We left Wellington at about 4pm and arrived into Sydney at about 6.30pm on Friday evening. It was an excellent flight on Qantas as we typically experience. Dave and Kerrie Linke collected us and took us back to their place for a fantastic nibbles platter, followed by a wonderful seafood meal of poached trout and gigantic prawns! We sat until the early hours outside in their gorgeous outdoor lounge watching the league, drinking and chatting. A great night’s sleep was had - to cap off a wonderful first day of the holiday.



Advertisement



25th August 2010

Safe and Happy travels
Hi darlings, love the profile shot and the backdrop !! Looking forward to catching your updates ! Safe and happy travels and look forward to a slide evening with all the stories when you get back. AM xx PS Enjoy BlueNote in New York !

Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0449s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb