Sitting on The Rocks


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
April 4th 2006
Published: April 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We were there!We were there!We were there!

Lesley and Michael and that wonderful building.

Sydney Harbour



Wow! What can we say? It is all it looks in the brochures and much, much more.

However, we managed a bit whilst there. Saw a play in the Opera House after a tour round the building. Wow!

We caught the ferry to Manly and saw the ocean over a beach full of people. We caught a train and another ferry to Darling Harbour. Saw the Chinese Garden there as well as an Indian festival in mid course.

We stayed at the Russell Hotel in the Rocks which was really nice. We then moved to the Australian which is over a very popular pub. That was really noisy on a Saturday night. Really noisy.

But a highpoint was a visit to Robert and Sallie Mason in the apartment overlooking the harbour opposite the new Theatre which was showing The History Boys with the same cast as in the National in London. (It was also on in Wellington when we were there. We had already seen it in London.)

But we were made very welcome and shown around the place. What a wonderful place! From their balcony you could see the harbour and the bridge.

But we had to catch our next flight to Ularu picking up our bike boxes at the airport.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0221s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb