Sydney to Canberra


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
February 22nd 2010
Published: February 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

This morning we checked out of the hostel and headed to the transit centre via a free taxi (the driver gave us our money back?!?) we also had a very cheap breakfast at the coach centre cafe! So far so good, little did we know our luck was about to change.

We checked in before boarding the bus to Canberra and found out we would not be sitting next to each other. Three hours of peace and quiet he he but Kerry sat next to someone who was the loudest snorer ever! This resulted in Kerry using ear plugs for the remainder of the journey!

Arrived in Canberra at 4 pm and with Kerry the amazing explorer got to our hostel in no time (with her new found skill of map reading). We checked in and dropped our bags off and went to explore the capital city of Australia.

We looked for information to help get us to the Australian Institute of Sport for tomorrow and could not find any, so we asked a very kind lady who told us we could not walk there as we first thought and would have to get a bus out of Camberra.

After finding all the information we needed for tomorrow we were starving since we had not eaten for about 12 hours! So we found a pub called the Hogs Breath Cafe and went mad ordering too much and pigging out. We then spent the next few hours feeling sick and bloated.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.193s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0469s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb