Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
January 1st 2010
Published: January 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

With only 5 days in Australia we decided we would limit our traveling to Sydney and save the rest for another trip. Still, this was more than enough time to see all of the sights and it soon became clear why everyone raves so much about the place.

Our first day we set out to see Sydney harbour, the bridge and the Opera House. The second we went to Bondi beach, unsurprisingly the weather was scorching hot but what did dumbfound me was the lack of shade. So, while the males were all surfing and the females bronzing themselves on the beach I went in search of a parasol. Half an hour later I returned to spend the next few hours battling against the wind to prevent my shade blowing into the sea. I'd say I managed to blend in seamlessly.

A bus strike and day of heavy rain meant that we spent one day in our room watching tele. We only had the one channel which worked properly and much to Valentina's delight this showed uninterrupted coverage of the cricket. The rest of our trip we took in a few more sights, including one of the prisons for holding some of the first convicts sent to Australia from Britain. This gave Valentina a much welcomed opportunity to dress up as a 19th century Irish immigrant.



Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



2nd January 2010

Happy New Year!
Hi you two. Have been following your travels. Looks like you are both having a really great time. Love the photos.
11th January 2010

Sydney
Sydney looks fantastic even more so if you are stuck in work with a foot of snow outside ! You look a real sweetie Tina in your fancy dress !!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0336s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb