the first few days Australia


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
November 22nd 2009
Published: November 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

im having a great time in australia, been in sydney 5days and im very impresed with the city. these people are so lucky to be living in a huge city with amazing beaches on there doorstep. on the first day we treked around the city centre and took the standard photo shots of the harbour bridge and the opera house (they must photoshop the pictures because it is alot smaller and not as white). we also walked around the botanical gardens and the whole huge park is infested with flying foxs which are like cats with wings! they are eating all the tropical trees in the park. we also visited the blue mountains which was amazing. they arnt really mountains just huge canyon valleys which stretch 100 of miles and the whole area is carpeted in thick forest. i dont kno what trees they are but because there is so many they let of a blue mist which is where the name is from. we walked down the clifs into the valley floor to go swiming in a waterfall and went to see wild kangaroos. we were heavily warned by our tour guide not to get to close because they are very vicious animals aparently.
we have also been to bondi beach for the day and manly beach which you need to get a ferry to through the harbour which was amazing and gives you the best veiw point to see the harbour bridge and the fort in the middle of it. had a go at surfing and got shouted at on loud speaker because i was to far out and the waves where to strong by the life gaurd.
we have checked out our hostel because we are moving up the coast to byron bay. its a chilled out surfer town surounded on 2sides by beachs. we have also booked tickets to go to fraser island and the whitsunday islands. fraser island is the world largest sand island coverd in rainforest and clear lakes and sand dunes. we will be given our own 4x4 with 8 other people and let loose on the island with camping gear and a boot full of beer. the whitsundays is the tops of underwater mountain range in the great barrier reef and we have 2 days of sailing booked.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb