Down to Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
February 19th 2006
Published: February 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Noosaville was a nice, quiet place. We went to the Australia Zoo - this is a zoo owned by Steve Irwin (the 'Crocodile Hunter'). He was not there but it was interesting anyway. In addition to crocodiles they had birds, kangaroos, koala, wombats etc. Mostly native Australian animals, although they have a new section with tigers, elephants etc.

After Noosaville was Brisbane. We stayed there for four days. It was nice to be in a 'real' city rather than just touristy places. We looked around the city a lot, did some shopping, went to the cinema etc. We also went to some tourist places like a museum.

Next we went to Surfers Paradise. This is a place where lots of Australians go to the beach. It has a lot of large hotels and appartment buildings. It is a very commercialised place. But the beaches are excellent. From here we also went to a theme park - it was quite small but was fun.

We are now in Sydney. Sydney is a very beautiful and interesting city. There are lots of parks and green places, in amongst the large buildings. The harbor is very pretty. We went to the Opera house (and inside on a tour), walked over the harbour bridge, went to a museum.

Matt


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



20th February 2006

Wish I was there
The comment is in the Title!
21st February 2006

we feel left behind..without pics..
I'm afraid you guys are enjoying the trip more than i am... i have no pics to see, i feel like i'm not traveling the world with you anymore.. what happened to your digital camera? your seeing all these beutiful sights without me.. we here feel sad..

Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0655s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb